We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join our growing team at the Marvin Design Lab to help design unique, user-centric products and digital experiences. Our ideal candidate is an empathetic, curious and data-driven strategic innovator, who likes working backward from the customer and balancing UX, technology, and business to tackle complex ambiguous problems.
As a Senior UX Designer you will balance research and strategy to inform digital product design. You’ll frequently interface with our customers to gather feedback through tangible prototypes and use research findings to inform, inspire and prioritize improvements. You’ll work closely with a Digital Product Manager and both internal and external multidisciplinary teams to execute and deliver results. You will collaborate in defining the digital product roadmap and ensure the business vision, user needs, and technical capabilities are aligned and focused on solving the right problems for target users.
Why join Marvin?
- Marvin is committed to bringing our purpose of creating happier, healthier living to life and the digital team will be critical in making these ideas real in ways that will transform the building industry.
- As one of the first digital team members, you will have the opportunity to pave the path and define the approach, methodologies, frameworks that best support your work and how you collaborate with others.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead UX Design of Marvin’s smart home digital experience and continue to evolve it.
- Lead the Digital Praduct Manager in best UX for Marvin customers – from VUI, app controls, integrations with smart home hubs and integrators, as well as support services.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and create flows and wires for various experiences.
- Collaborate with a Visual/UI Designer and Digital Product Manager to shape and improve the UX through careful consideration of research learnings, usability heuristics and best practices.
- Challenge the status quo when necessary and follow-through to ensure steps are taken to make change.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to launch new products, services and experiences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Domain knowledge: You possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience research, strategy and design.
- User-centered perspective: You put users at the center of end-to-end experiences. You have the ability to integrate core UX/UI principles with existing and future customer needs and apply them to achieve business objectives. Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Collaborative skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. Your support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of digital deliverables.
- Managing Work: You have a talent for getting things done and excellent organizational and time management skills. You have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to user experience design.
- Values-oriented: It is critical that we hire people and hold them accountable to a standard of excellence demonstrated by our Purpose and Values. You conduct your work with a high level of ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
- Comfort in ambiguity: You are self-directed toward excellent work outcomes and are comfortable working in ambiguous, non-rules based environments.
Education / Experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and creating optimal digital experiences and interactions for target users with a demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging digital solutions and an ability to define what makes them successful.
- Smart home, VUI, and/or IoT experience preferred.
- Experience practicing human-centered design and skills in all phases including research, framing, ideation, and prototyping.
- A rigorous process of user research followed by uncompromising design.
- Experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and Invision), however, we are agnostic in terms of tool choice.
- Portfolio of example projects highlighting design for digital experiences (including mobile applications) that demonstrate a strong understanding of digital interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges.
- A strong desire to work on purpose-driven work and are excited by the mission to evolve a 100-year-old family company create new ways to impact people’s lives.
We believe resumes are only one way to get to know you. Please share whatever materials you think best represent you, your skillset, and your perspective.