At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Marvin’s portfolio also includes three additional premium brands: Infinity Replacement Windows, TruStile Doors, and Marvin Coastline, with employees across all organizations operating under one company purpose and shared set of company values, uniting our efforts to imagine and create better ways of living.
The Senior Business Analyst’s primary focus is to effectively connect technology with manufacturing business strategies and priorities, empowering cross functional collaboration to deliver high impact results. The right candidate will leverage their strong business analysis and relationship skills to take an immersed position within these customer focused landscapes and gain comprehensive understanding of the critical path business objectives. Armed with this understanding they will help define and document viable technology solutions and secure alignment on solution priorities with key stakeholders… ensuring rapid solution delivery, adoption and maximum return on investment.
Essential Job Functions
- Engage business stakeholders, to document existing processes, problems, gaps and opportunities.
- Utilize best practices to create, review and confirm a Charter and Scope for each significant project, gaining alignment with all affected by the process.
- Immerse in the current business process through interviews with SME, Suppliers and Customers of the process.
- Utilize flow charting, diagrams, written process documents to describe the current state.
- Define ROI and Business Impact while collaborating on recommendations with developers, stake holders and business leaders.
- Be able to shift, per project, on Business Analysis and Project Management roles depending on the project requirements.
- Write detailed business specification for project work.
- Develop a project plan / tools to track the project tailored to scope of the project.
- Provide project management or assist project manager with project tasks, stake holder communication and project tracking, providing frequent updates, milestones and objectives.
- Produce, Communicate and Facilitate project update meetings
- Participate in Testing, bug review, solutioning and preparation for implementation.
- Facilitate training and user support during and after implementation.
- Provide ongoing second-tier support for customer business systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate strong analytical and solution architecture skills required, including a thorough understanding of data architecture and how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application, data and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with and influence a diverse group of managers and subject matter experts.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills along with relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism and a project management experience/style that promotes progress through teamwork in a collaborative environment, using best practice methodologies like agile or waterfall.
- People oriented, deep listening, creative, problem solving, process oriented
- Accurate, Conscientious, Thorough, Detail-Oriented, Organized,
- Excellent Business Acumen
- Advanced Computer Knowledge + Microsoft Office + Salesforce
- Ability to comprehend Complex Expressions / Decision Trees
- Comprehensive Business Analysist tools and methods
Education / Experience
- 4 Years Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5 Years Business Analysis Experience
- 5 Years Project Management Experience
- IT or Related Logical Problem-Solving Discipline
- 10+ Years of Experience with Marvin Manufacturing is a significant plus
- Strong Analytical or Process Oriented Background and Experience is preferred
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.