The Logistics Manager will develop, communicate, and lead Physical Distribution (Logistics, Shipping, and applicable Customer Service functions related to delivery) for the Marvin Logistics business unit located in Fargo, ND.
- Lead/mentor Driver Dispatch Supervisor
- Work with Enterprise Logistics as well as Production and Purchasing to meet established delivery
- Develop, direct, and manage the function of physical distribution/ shipping for the business unit. including Driver dispatch, assessing and recommending shipping and transportation methods and systems maintaining least cost to provide expected customer service levels.
- Responsible for effective utilization and management of assigned assets including routes, trucks, &
- Manage the operations of all Company drivers and the preparation and maintenance of the equipment necessary to sustain the Company
- Interact and communicate with customer support as
- Lead improvement projects for drivers and fleet maintenance Projects should focus on improving Safety, Quality, Cost, and Customer Experience.
- Promote company values, engagement, and manage safety relative to processes and operator ergonomics.
- Develop, support budget and capacity
- Provide manufacturing practice recommendations to the business based upon relevant outside standards or benchmarks.
- Work with customers and suppliers as well as corporate team to identify best methods and means of transporting company products or component materials through the supply
- Key member of enterprise Logistics
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT
Education, Training and Experience:
- Distribution or Logistics experience within an industrial consumer products discipline preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in leading people. In-house Fleet management and Driver supervision preferred.
- Experience in just in time material flow, MRPII, logistics simulation software, and project management essential.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ELD (electronic logging device) software and route optimization software, such as Peoplenet and DRtrack, or similar programs.
- Additional course work directed within the discipline. APICS, or CPIM certification desirable