At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Marvin’s portfolio also includes three additional premium brands: Infinity Replacement Windows, TruStile Doors, and Marvin Coastline, with employees across all organizations operating under one company purpose and shared set of company values, uniting our efforts to imagine and create better ways of living.
Serve as a key member of Marvin’s in-house agency team, the Marvin Creative Studio, and guide the creation of compelling brand storytelling, creative materials and other marketing materials that help us meaningfully connect with our key audiences. Bring a passion for developing great written content across multiple channels with the ability to write for a variety of purposes – from brand storytelling to UX copy to technical product descriptions. Collaborate with our cross-functional marketing team to quickly take creative concepts from idea through execution. A successful candidate will deftly manage multiple deadlines, leverage data insights and trends to champion new thinking, have a can-do attitude and be a quick learner.
- Take a creative approach to writing blog posts, case studies, website copy, email, print collateral, advertising, video scripts, technical details and other content as needed
- Maintain a consistent brand voice while still writing copy that feels fresh, new and relevant to trade and consumer audiences
- Edit content created by other content creators to ensure it meets brand, grammar and style requirements
- Regularly consult with subject-matter experts to understand our products and services to create clear and engaging messages
- Build a deep understanding of our target audiences and use it to inform content
- Leverage constructive criticism to develop and refine concepts quickly
- Analyze learnings from content testing and other feedback to optimize copy
- Integrate SEO keywords and best practices into all digital writing assignments to improve organic search visibility
- Work with people across the whole company as the ultimate team player
- Strong creative writer with a versatile portfolio* of work
*Please submit 3 writing samples that demonstrate your range of writing expertise
- Exceptional editing abilities
- Knowledge of and experience optimizing web content for search engine optimization (SEO), user experience and readability
- Creative, results-oriented problem-solver with ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with resilience, intellectual curiosity and flexibility
- Innate ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable content
- Embraces feedback and can quickly work to optimize and give options to meet desired goals
- A thoughtful questioner who thinks outside the box
- Efficient in a deadline-driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly when it comes to collaborating with team members and content creators
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., journalism, English, creative writing or advertising) is required
- 6+ years of experience writing content across a variety of channels
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.