Come work for an iconic resort where quality is priority. Madden’s is an award-winning resort, located on more than 1,000 acres, that anticipates the wishes and desires of vacationers and offers them fantastic golf, upscale dining, lakeside spa, tennis, activity programs for children, biking, shopping, and art gallery with painting classes and almost every kind of on-the-water recreation possible in Minnesota, including fishing. Madden’s has distinguished itself by an emphasis on gracious hospitality, quality and diversity. Our philosophy, is simply to provide the best that Minnesota has to offer. Madden’s is currently seeking the position of Human Resources Generalist.
As an HR Generalist you will be an integral part of the HR team by assisting the department with the day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. This highly organized position thinks systematically, responds quickly and accurately, and manages deadlines in a dynamic environment. We are looking for an individual who embodies our values of Quality and Consistency, Teamwork, Accountability, Ethical and Respectful Conduct, Every Guest is My Guest, Innovation and Training, and Sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all offer letters are complete and signed off on by the potential new hires.
- Coordinate the criminal background check and employment verification process for new hires. Forward discrepancies and concerns to the Director of Human Resources
- Ensure all new employees receive appropriate orientation forms and all existing employees receive appropriate employment related forms.
- Work with new hires and managers to assure that all necessary hiring paperwork is completed on time.
- Respond to verification of employment requests as needed, in conjunction with the payroll.
- Partners with the Director of Human Resources to maintain employment information in HR information system, including scanning of employment documents into electronic HR files, assuring that employee terminations are entered in a timely manner and all employee statuses are correct and up to date.
- Stays informed of changing laws/poster and employment and wage law changes.
- Tracks the recognition programs for proper distribution of rewards.
- Manages the distribution and tracking of employee meal cards and employee resort perk cards.
- Partners with HR Director and Recreation Director on employee engagement initiatives to include, but not limited to: planning and organizing team building activities for employees (year end party, Memoria Day Party)
- Manages the employee housing process.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in daily tasks.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year human resources experience
- Administrative knowledge and experience in human resource tasks including but not limited to record keeping, job descriptions, job postings, phone screen interviews, offer letters, new hire orientation, recognition programs, employee communications and event support
- Proficient in HR information systems
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Knowledge of HR principles, employment laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Detail-Oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize work accordingly
- Self-manager of projects, deadlines, and time
- Strong communication skills written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ensures confidentiality of all HR & Payroll records
- Maintains a pro-active “can-do” attitude
Madden’s on Gull Lake is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer