Must be qualified to obtain an Alaska Teacher Certificate.
Ability to teach Social Studies and Language Arts classes, and live in a cross-cultural, rural Alaskan environment. Instructional Coaches will be assigned to help with cultural and curriculum understanding.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
1. Salary range depending on experience and education from $54,446 – $96,830
2. $5,000 Bonus pay over two years.
3. Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
4. LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
5. Round trip airfare from home village to Anchorage per year
6. Laptop and desktop computer for each teacher