LongWater Opportunities is an operationally focused private equity firm with offices in Dallas, TX and Fargo, ND. We invest in family-owned and operated companies here in the United States. Our mission is to deliver outsized returns for our investors by building great American manufacturing businesses in a responsible way.
We are looking to add a Business Development Associate in our Fargo office. The Associate will be responsible for selling Longwater to the business broker community across the Midwest, with a focus on the lower middle market. To be successful in this role, the right candidate should be able to build professional relationships, sell the Longwater brand, communicate our investment criteria, and most importantly, source acquisition opportunities for the firm. The Associate will play a critical role in representing Longwater as our outward voice to the business community. We are looking for candidates for both full time positions as well as internships.
The Associate will receive extensive call coaching and developmental training in this role that will lay the foundation for them to become successful dealmakers in the future. This is not a finance role. This position does not involve financial modeling or corporate strategy. This is a business development role focused on growing the Longwater portfolio through targeted conversations to business brokers. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.longwateropportunities.com.
· Make 50+ outbound calls per day to business brokers to introduce the Longwater brand and vision.
· Communicate our key investment criteria and solicit acquisition opportunities that meet the criteria.
· Ask key qualifying questions to better understand and categorize broker specializations.
· Maintain a database of business brokers in Salesforce to document conversations and catalog deal flow.
· Work with Director of Business Development to receive and implement call coaching.
· A team player with a positive attitude and strong desire to perform at a high level.
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
· A high energy, outgoing personality that enjoys engaging in conversation and relationship building.
· The ability to manage a workflow, receive coaching, and operate in a collaborative environment.
· Knowledge of basic financial principles and business performance metrics.
· Educational focus, in business, economics, or communications is preferred.
· Prior experience in private equity is not required.