Human Resources Co-op – Dearborn, Michigan
Discover your potential. Pursue your passion.
Link Engineering Company (LINK) is a premier designer and manufacturer of precision test equipment, we specialize in developing customized solutions for Automotive, Aviation, Off-Highway, Rail, and Civil Engineering industries. We are headquartered in Plymouth, Michigan, and maintain testing laboratories, manufacturing, and support facilities around the globe.
Established in 1935, we have been a family-owned company for generations, we treat our customers and employees as if they are part of our family. We set our employees up for success, as they are given constant opportunities to learn and develop new skills. As many of our team members have been with LINK for a generation or more, the LINK team is equipped with a wealth of knowledge, providing decades of hands-on experience and out-of-the-box thinking to OEM’s and suppliers everywhere.
We are looking for a talented Human Resources Co-Op to work year-round at our Dearborn Technical Center. The qualified applicant will be able to apply coursework concepts to real-world situations working alongside professional, experienced colleagues while also gaining valuable experience working for a global manufacturing and engineering company.
A co-op position with LINK is a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. It will be an experience that puts you front and center, allowing you to be hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies.
- Review resumes for qualifications against job requisition.
- Use all social media sources to find and connect with applicants using a variety of techniques.
- Schedule interviews, collect feedback, and update the applicant tracking system so we know what step in the process all candidates are in and the status of each requisition.
- Order background checks and drug screens for candidates who accept the offer of employment.
- Check professional references and verify employment dates.
- Conduct new hire orientation for new employees, processing and filing all related paperwork per company policy and government regulations.
- Schedule, conduct, and ensure completion of training for employee development and compliance needs.
- Coordinate and plan team-building and business improvement events for the non-seasonal co-op and summer intern employee teams.
- Conduct audits for new hire satisfaction, exit interview feedback, safety, training, performance management, and other HR programs and tracks results of each.
- Provide superior customer service to employees by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Create and route reports, memos and action forms, or other documentation, for approval/ notification, related to staffing, recruitment, training, performance evaluations, classifications.
- Maintain general office files and personnel files in compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner using all available safety equipment.
- Adherence to company policies.
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture documenting, recommending, and implementing improvement opportunities through our quality system.
- Be a role model and advocate of the LINK culture that is consistent and emphasizes the identified mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Embody the Ownership Brand Driver (Accountability, Commitment, Can-Do Attitude, Courage, & Humility).
- Enrolled in accredited Bachelors or Masters Degree program in HR or equivalent
- Availability to work year-round while continuing education
- Anticipated graduation date no earlier than May 2022 (preferred)
- 1 year of basic general office experience
- Administrative or Human Resources experience (preferred)
- Computer experience working in a variety of computer programs- ATS System, HRIS System, and various Microsoft Office applications
- Local candidates preferred – relocation, housing, and transportation are not provided.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or to take corrective action
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people
- Verbal and written comprehension and expression
- Deductive reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- This position is located in a manufacturing environment and will involve hands-on work with tools and testing equipment. Physical activity will include lifting (up to 15 lbs.), bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity.
LINK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
LINK is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-734-453-0800. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Note to all Agencies / Direct Placement: LINK has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as-needed basis. LINK has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position, and have not signed LINK’s vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and LINK will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.