Dairyridge, an 1,800-cow dairy farm in Long Prairie, MN, is actively seeking to fill a full-time Accounting/Office Manager position. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-based environment where individual initiative and input is highly valued.
Key Accounting Responsibilities:
• Record day to day transactions in Peachtree accounting system including cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, and payroll.
• Ensure daily inventory transactions are properly processed in EZ Feed inventory system.
• Become company expert on EZ Feed inventory system. Identify opportunities for improved management reporting.
• Record and evaluate cow raising costs.
• Maintain cow inventory records and record monthly depreciation entries.
• Initiate accounts payable check runs to ensure timely payment to vendors.
• Preparation of bi-weekly payroll.
• Lead crop costing process working closely with management to determine proper allocation methods. Utilize tools to track all cropping costs.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts (cash, AR, AP, fixed assets) for monthly financial statement preparation.
• Assist in the maintenance and analyzing of budgets.
• Ad-hoc reporting as requested.
Key Office Manager Responsibilities:
· Complete new hire paperwork and maintain employee records.
· Assist in overseeing the daily workflow of the dairy.
· Assist in coordinating and tracking projects within the location and ensure timely completion.
· Maintain and purchase supplies as needed.
· Identify needs and make recommendations for improvements with processes and procedures.
· Complete, prepare, and distribute various reports and documents.
• Minimum of 2-year degree in accounting field
• Minimum of 3 years of related management experience
· Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
· Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
· Ability to prioritize, work independently, and work within a deadline.
· Ability to exercise judgement and discretion to sensitive and confidential information
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k, Paid Time Off (start with 3 weeks)