A Structural Design Intern applies engineering drafting principles and procedures in performing basic engineering drafting work.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner’s engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
– Gas-fired generation
– Power delivery
– Environmental retrofits
– Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Coordinate with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development
• Gathers required information and collaborate with engineers and multiple disciplines to develop BIM models for foundations and steel structures
• Leverages Building Information Modeling (BIM) to create plans, drawings, and details
• Assist in the development of department standards and tools
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
• Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit Engineering and Design in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit Engineering and Design organization.
• Must be capable of utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, NavisWorks etc.), and have a basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
• Pursuing Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Aided Design & Drafting Technology or related field.
May travel to a project site for tour.