Application Sales Engineer- eMobility
Greater Minneapolis- St. Paul Metro Area, MN • Sales
The Application Sales Engineer- eMobility/ Electric Vehicles is responsible for selling and providing support of the company’s technical products to businesses and organizations in the targeted industry. The position also involves application of motor control products (AC inverters) to electrify vehicle subsystem auxiliaries, such as compressors and pumps, in commercial electric vehicles applications in collaboration with potential vehicle OEMs and system integrator customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Prospect for applications and contact potential customers
· Arrange customer meetings, prepare and present company products and solutions
· Engage in technical discussion to identify customer needs and system requirements
· Facilitate responses to technical questions and requests for information
· Prepare product sizing and selection proposals
· Manage after-sales commercial support and internal coordination
· Provide technical support and troubleshooting
· Create and maintain technical documentation and manuals
· Contribute to marketing strategy by creating lead-generating content and attending tradeshows
** Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with
- 0-3 years of relevant professional work experience
Licenses, Permits, and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Motivated self-starter and well-organized
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Work well independently as well as with others
- Able to multi-task
- Have attention to detail
- Able to proficiently read and write in English
- Able to follow all safety rules
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit majority of shift
- Ability to travel in the United States and Canada approximately 10-25% of the time
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Office environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KEB America, Inc. headquartered in Shakopee, Minnesota, is a subsidiary of KEB Automation KG, a global provider of complete automation system solutions. KEB develops mechanical and electronic solutions for drive and automation systems. KEB products can be found in the most demanding applications across the world and are used in a wide range of industries including elevator, medical, packaging, and plastics. KEB offers full-time positions with competitive pay, flexible hours, and benefits.