Intel’s Power and Firmware Center of Excellence (PFC) is looking for a Graduate Intern – Pre-silicon Verification Engineering to join their team. This team drives the definition, development, and quality of Intel’s integrated firmware for all Server SOCs.
Key responsibilities of the role include, although not limited to:
- Developing validation test plans, creating testcase definitions, and checking strategies
- Test-Bench development, including modeling HW interfaces to firmware
- Debugging test suite failures, validating bug resolutions
- Learning the FW and related IP/SOC architecture
- Developing and utilizing various software tools and/or methodologies with the goal to ensure high quality firmware
- Reading and interpreting technical specifications (specs)
- Communicating effectively, coordinating, and working with Firmware Developers, Architects, and IP teams.
Candidates must be willing to do at least a 6+ month internship
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Pursuing and/or enrolled in a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another directly related science/engineering related field.
6+ months experience with:
· Programming in C/C++, Python, Perl, Ruby and Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
· Computer Architecture
· Verification/Validation Techniques and Methods
· Hands-on Debug
· Embedded Firmware validation or verification
· Power Management IP, PM Firmware, or PM SoC development verification or validation
· Linux or UNIX
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Virtual US and Canada