The Ingredion Customer Support team is seeking a summer intern for 2022. As a Customer Support Intern, you will be a critical point of contact with Ingredion’s customer base; from the initial placement of orders for products through their delivery. In this role, you will work with colleagues in Logistics, Quality, Sales, and Manufacturing to collect information and resolve customer problems, ensuring high levels of happiness and customer retention.
As the Customer Support Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing customer orders for ingredient products, address questions, resolve issues, and respond to inquiries
- Ensuring all customer complaints are tracked according to department and company procedure and serving as a liaison between external customers and internal functions to ensure customer happiness
- Ensuring the accuracy of order data and implement to the order processing flow (system and processes) and maintaining up to date files according to the standard operating procedure
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of Ingredion’s products in your area of responsibility in order to provide valuable information to the customer
- Utilizing company databases to ensure procedures are followed, provide accurate information to the customer, and update documents as necessary
- Prioritizing and executing multiple tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Interacting with and supporting team members; e.g. participating in group problem solving and team activities
The Customer Support Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Can build a deep understanding of the customer to ensure own work is responsive to customer needs
- Prioritize work according to business needs and exhibit flexibility in support of changes
- Help others and respond to their business needs to build outstanding working relationships
- Seek to identify issues, consider alternative solutions, and take corrective action to resolve problems
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, or a Supply Chain related discipline with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term (May – Aug 2022)
- Demonstrated experience resolving problems in a dynamic environment with the ability to successfully oversee, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks/activities at a time.
- Business/math acumen, including the ability to think critically and recognize inconsistencies in numbers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Hands-on experience with SAP or EDI is preferred
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.