The Financial Underwriting Representative is a Work from Home opportunity! This position will provide future expense estimates and accurate analysis of financial risk. Decisions typically focus on methods, tactics and processes for completing data entry of incumbent carrier information. Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests and interpreting and adapting procedures, processes and techniques, and works under limited guidance due to previous experience/breadth and depth of knowledge of administrative processes and organizational knowledge
- High school diploma
- 1 or more years of underwriting or financial analysis experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Detailed orientated with a focus on accuracy in work
- Ability to follow and adhere to written guidelines
- Ability to learn and work in virtual environment
- Very organized with the ability to multi task
- Experience in a production work environment
- Phone customer service experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with healthcare or claims related data
- Seasonal Humana associates may work any number of hours, depending on the business needs, for a limited period of time (usually from 1 up to a 180 days).
- Due to training requirements, attendance for 8-12 weeks of training is mandatory.
- Business Hours can be between 8am to 7pm Eastern time.
- As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.