Transportation Project Manager
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Maple Grove, MN
The Transportation Project Manager will be involved in managing large projects with successful delivery to the client from project inception to completion. Emphasis will be on client management and project delivery. This position will offer an excellent career development opportunity for someone who has experience in project management, technical staff leadership, client relationships, and wishes to be involved in the growth of our SD transportation sector development.
- Maintain existing clientele and expand our South Dakota client base within the Transportation Sector;
- Participate in and coordinate our involvement with transportation organizations and associations, both regional and national;
- Manage and supervise the preparation of engineering plans and specifications for major and minor projects;
- Supervise the work of less experienced managers and technical support staff assigned to transportation projects;
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others associated with the project; and
- Coordinate all project activities with clients, contractors, outside consultants, project staff and regulatory agency staff.
Education, Experience and Skills
- BS in Civil Engineering required.
- SD Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain license with 6 months.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the design, construction, and client management of transportation projects.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of project team roles and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local codes.
- Strong presentation skill and the ability to communicate effectively with groups both internally and externally.
- Previous experience with SD Counties and/or SDDot preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays, generous 401(k) Plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
To apply, please visit https://www.houstoneng.com/careers
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability