Camp Echo Lake is looking for passionate, experienced climbers & high ropes course instructors. Working as a Ropes Course Instructor, you will work with children, aged from 8 to 16, in leading low ropes (team-building and problem solving) games and initiatives and high ropes/challenge course facilitation. The Ropes Course Instructor is responsible for activity periods for groups of around 15-20 children at a time, assisted by other ropes course staff and 2 or 3 counselors. The Ropes Course Instructor position is perfectly suited to a student or teacher (or similar) who has some ropes, challenge course, or rock climbing interest and/or experience. You would be supported by an experienced Ropes team and an Outdoor Director, who will provide guidance and feedback throughout the summer.
Responsibilities of a climbing instructor:
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of all staff, campers, and equipment while at any of our ropes facilities.
- Responsible for creating a safe and fun environment at the ropes courses.
- Assists with the use of all other high ropes activities (including zip lines) as needed.
- Maintains equipment and safety checks associated with ropes activities.
- Support cabin staff when not in the program area.
Camp Counselor Job Description
- Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-15 children ( 8yrs – 16yrs old) and with 2-3 (19yrs + old) co-counselors.
- Act as a leader, guide, helper, and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
- Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
- Participates in all daily camp activities (including swimming) with your campers.
- Will make sure your campers are prepared to participate in daily activities.
- Establishes an individual relationship with each camper.
- Puts the needs of the campers before those of yourself.
- Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of bunk cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep, and rest.
- Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
- Will know and observe camp policies.
- Participates in pre-camp training and weekly staff meetings with Directors/Head Counselor.
Every year we are looking for passionate and self-motivated people to fill a variety of positions at Camp from Camper Specialists to Activity Specialists, Waterfront to Outdoor Trek Staff. If you are interested in having the most fun and rewarding summer of your life then this is the job for you.