OPENING DATE: 10/04/21
CLOSING DATE: 10/25/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Internship
LOCATION: Minneapolis Central Library, Minnesota
Hennepin County Library (HCL) is seeking teens ages 16-19 to join our Teen Tech Center – Teen Tech Squad and help facilitate creative learning experiences in digital media with teens (ages 12-19) at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center at the Minneapolis Central Library. Teen Tech Squad members will focus on supporting peer learning using technology for creative expression and exploration in the arts and sciences.
Location and hours:
These positions are located at the downtown central library at 300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55401. Teen Tech Squad members work approximately 8 hours per week during evening and some weekend hours. Monday & Wednesday 4:00-8:15 pm or Tuesday & Thursday 4:00-8:15pm. Applicants will also work the second Saturday of every month from 12:00-3:00pm (Starting January of 2022).
About these position types:
These positions are non-benefit earning internships.
Starting September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In these positions, you will:
- Facilitate creative learning experiences focused on technology for teens at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center-Minneapolis Central Library.
- Guide participants through hands on and project-based activities.
- Promote creative expression by cultivating a safe and open environment for participants to create and share.
- Work with other Best Buy Teen Tech Center staff to develop, lead, demonstrate, trouble-shoot, and instruct others in the creation of multimedia projects and learning activities.
- Learn how to use music, video production, photo-editing, and 3D printing software such as LogicPro, Adobe Premier, Protools, Photoshop, and Tinkercad.
- Learn and use techniques for facilitating creative expression in a collaborative and informal learning setting.
Need to be:
- Between the ages of 16-19 by November 1, 2021.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to access reliable transportation to Minneapolis Central Library.
- Able to work from 4 – 8:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays, and attend training on the second Saturday of each month starting January 2022.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with children and/or teens in a work or volunteer setting.
- Experience using technology to create something or to do something.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to:
- Adapt to a dynamic workplace.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work in a diverse community setting.
- An outgoing and friendly attitude.
- Curiosity and an interest in technology, math, science, music, art, video, and/or writing.
- Desire to share skills and interests with others.
About the department:
Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich Hennepin County employees and clients.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Intern I.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.