OPENING DATE: 10/08/21
CLOSING DATE: 10/19/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Office of Budget & Finance
The Office of Budget and Finance is seeking an Accountant who will perform general accounting duties using PeopleSoft HCM system. This Accountant position will have focus on Payroll Tax and general accounting principles around processing Payroll.
Location and hours:
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be flexible within core business hours, typically Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit earning position.
Starting September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In this position, you will:
- Manage, complete, and submit quarterly and year-end filings within tax guidelines.
- Remit payments to IRS, State, and Local Revenue Departments within the required timeline.
- Set up and obtain Employer registrations for new State/SUI/Local jurisdictions.
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes monthly journal entries and reports.
- Key data into PeopleSoft and manage output from system.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business administration with an emphasis in accounting or other specialty area related to the position.
- Four or more years of position-related professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Payroll accounting and/or payroll processing experience.
- Professional experience in tax reporting, payroll tax regulations and working with taxing agencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and PeopleSoft HCM or a similar ERP.
- Knowledge of generally accepted Payroll accounting principles.
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple priorities with minimal direction.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Meet deadlines and produce accurate work in a fast-paced office environment.
About the department:
The Office of Budget & Finance works hard to ensure sound credit conditions, working capital, and overall financial health within Hennepin County by supporting strategic objectives through leveraging technology, effective management of financial and human resource systems and services, as well as Hennepin County’s commitment to equal opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and inclusion.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Accountant.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.