At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Substation Electrical EIT/Coordinator to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Bismarck, ND office.
The successful candidate will be a part of a team that provides power delivery services for large and small scale engineering project for a variety of clients and projects. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a self-directed individual who wants to learn and take on new challenges.
The primary duties of a Substation EIT/Coordinator include preparation of engineering drawings, calculations, analyses, reports and designs for electrical substations (Low, Medium and High Voltage) and substation systems under the direction and supervision of more senior engineers and designers. The successful ideal candidate will be seeking knowledge and experience in both the Protection and Control (Indoor) and Physical (Outdoor) aspects of Substation design.
We’ll count on you to:
- Conduct analyses to develop electrical design options or recommendations, and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications.
- Prepare calculations, design sketches and redline drawings.
- Perform routine electrical engineering assignments, with instruction from the Project Engineer or Project Manager regarding the expected results.
- Work on projects with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
- Work on small projects, or assist more-senior engineers on larger projects
- Communicate with Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s) and work under their direction.
- Work with Designers and CAD Technicians to develop drawings in accordance with national design standards, safety codes and project specifications and requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain professional registration.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
- EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of ‘Coordinator’ and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.