At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
As a power delivery professional are you looking for a new “home” where your employer’s values are aligned with yours? Are you interested in a company that is diverse and inclusive and takes extraordinary efforts to create high performance teams? Are you interested in a company that has a strong local presence supported by national experts in power delivery and provides you with opportunities to work on transformational projects throughout the US? Are you interested in a firm that is 100-percent employee owned with full transparency of financial results and a solid record of performance year-to-year? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, HDR may be a new home for you.
The primary duties of the Distribution EIT include conducting analyses to develop electrical design options or recommendations, and to assist in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications.
- Overhead and underground distribution line design, preparation of cost estimates, specifications, staking sheets, construction units review and development
- Assist with distribution planning, distribution modeling, distribution coordination, or distribution line design tasks as required.
- Complete written reports and routine engineering assignments requiring application of industry standard techniques and procedures.
- May work independently on small tasks and may assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects.
- Responsible for supporting the development of new and existing Power Delivery clients globally.
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain professional registration.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
• Some travel may be required.
• EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of ‘Coordinator’ and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
• Familiarity with applicable distribution standards defined within Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) publications, National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) Rural Utility Services (RUS) bulletins.
• Low voltage lighting design and National Electric Code (NEC) familiarity.
• Experience using PLS-CADD power line design, CYME Power Engineering, SKM Power Tools, or other similar industry design software.
• Preference given to local/regional candidates.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.