Great North Ventures invests in entrepreneurs who are using the latest breakthrough technologies to innovate industries still dominated by analog processes. From Seed to Series B, the team provides guidance, capital, and connections. The fund looks for the best startups wherever they are located, because the next generation of great companies are growing outside of Silicon Valley. Built by successful founders, Great North Ventures values the ability to execute above all else.
As a Venture Capital Intern you will evaluate technology investments across a range of vertical and regional geographic markets, network with startup founders, build financial models and develop investment theses.
– Identify, contact and assist in structuring investments.
– Deal sourcing, due diligence and on-going portfolio support.
– Assist in review of potential new investments, including research into new markets and industry trends, financial modeling, returns analysis and company valuation.
– Develop presentation materials for the firm, portfolio companies and management teams at prospective companies.
– Represent Great North Ventures at industry conferences.
– Handle accounting tasks (bookkeeping, budgeting, etc).
This is a paid contract position with a flexible start date. The position location will be in Minneapolis, with much of the work remote.
Applications open September 27th and will be accepted through October 22nd.