Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a “small company” culture where your ideas will be heard with “big company” expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The intern program provides students the opportunity to learn about technology in the insurance industry, as well as experience Great American’s corporate culture that values integrity, leadership, customer focus and accountability.
Reasons to join our team:
- Work in a team environment, where your ideas can be shared and you can impact the company
- Gain real work experience that you can apply in the classroom
- Opportunities to network with other interns, employees, and executives
We are looking for two Software Engineering interns in out GAS (Great American Software) Lab. This opportunity will be in an extreme programming multi-language cloud native environment utilizing pair programming and TDD (Test Driven Development) in an accelerated learning environment. You will not have a more challenging and learning opportunity than this.
Must be available to work part time in spring semester, and full time in summer.
- Java and/or C# experience
- Object-oriented development
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Full stack development
- Working towards a BS or MS in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
- Previous Internship experience is a plus
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be available to work part time in spring semester, and full time in summer