The IT Assistant Intern role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals, and providing support for computer network users with wide-ranging abilities. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required and other duties as assigned.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
2. Perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
3. Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned. Projects may include Microsoft O365 application development, Network Migration, Developing a System Monitoring Dashboard and/or IT Asset Tracking. There is significant exposure to end user support, workstation/server/peripheral configuration and deployment, and new project implementation.
- Junior or Senior in college
- Areas of study including but not limited to IT or IT Management, Network Technology, System Development, Data Processing, Computer Operations, Computer Science and working towards a bachelor’s degree, associate degree or related certificates are acceptable.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Leadership skills and ambitious attitude.
- Strong inter-personal skills