Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Feed Store Intern will have the opportunity to learn all operations within the retail store. You will partner with the Store Manager as well as other Representatives and Departments to complete farm gate calls, feed trials, and create social media content
· Complete farm gate calls to prospective customers to develop selling skills.
o Research barns in area to develop a plan on where to go
o Ride along with Sales Support Specialists
o Learn the order input and delivery system
o Improve product knowledge of feed brands
· Complete Feed Trials with customers
o Partner with Product Sales Representative and the Spikes Sales Support Specialist to develop a feed trial plan with customer
o Track progress/outcome of feed trial
· Product Knowledge Research
o Research the products that we have in store
o Partner with Sales Representative to learn more about the products they represent
o Attend any virtual or in person trainings/seminars offered by different brands
· Increase and develop social media presence
o Develop a minimum of three Facebook Live videos throughout internship
o Partner with Marketing Department to further develop the Spikes and Houles Social Media platform.
· Gain Retail Experience
o Work within the retail location to develop knowledge of feed store operations, including cashiering, customer engagement, stocking and rotating, and seasonal change over.
o Assist with in-store live chick sales
· End of Internship presentation to present knowledge gained and benefits of internship experience
· Junior or Senior in college
· Areas of study including but not limited to Agribusiness, Veterinarian Studies, or related degree working towards Bachelors, Associate or Certificates are acceptable.
· Ability to prioritize and perform tasks efficiently.
· Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· Problem-solving ability.
While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand, and walk for long periods of time, sit, bend, kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, and be able to read documents and computer screens.