GDM Seeds North America is growing fast and seeking Interns for our 2021 Internship Program.
From its start in Argentina in 1982, GDM is a multinational plant genetics company that applies state of the art technology to research, develop, and place the highest yielding soybean varieties on the market to generate consistent company, and customer growth. GDM’s culture reflects market needs while also focusing on accomplishments, innovation, and evolution of the ever changing agricultural focus across the world.
As part of GDM’s Research team, our interns works with each branch of operations (Field Crew, Nursery, Purification, Production, and Warehouse) to gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to run a successful soybean breeding program. Our goal is for the Research Interns to develop a holistic understanding of our soybean breeding program while earning valuable experience for the future.
- Currently pursing, or with plant to pursue, a degree in Agronomy, Plant & Soils Sciences or an equivalent/similar field of study.
- Knowledge of general farming practices.
- Responsible, timely, and trustworthy student looking to learn more.
- Willing to work overtime and potential weekend hours during peak season (overtime pay included).
- Knowledge of basic soybean physiology and research practices.
- Basic Spanish speaking ability and/or willingness to build team-based relationships despite potential language barriers.
- Experience with operating large equipment (tractors, planters, forklift, etc.).
- Experience in phenotypic data collection.
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time in sometimes extreme temperatures.
- Ability to lift up to and over 50 lbs.
- Willing to put forward a conduct that is ethical, discretionary, and conditional.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Supporting the development of new soybean varieties.
- Facilitating advancement of early generation soybean breeding populations.
- Assist in field operations such as planting, field maintenance, plant tissue sampling, tagging plants, cross breeding plants, harvest, and seed storage organization.
- Assist in trial preparations through seed packaging, layouts, and planting.
- Take phenotypic notes for agronomic traits, diseases, and stressors.
- Support warehouse in preparing seed for domestic and international shipments.
- Manage small crews of workers in field tasks.
COVID-19 Considerations: GDM is following all CDC and state guidelines as recommended for the safety of their employees and customers. Stations have implemented the use of face coverings, social distancing, and increase hygiene standards, among other safety considerations.
Company Website: (gdmseeds.com)
*Find us also on Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!