*NOTE* – This position will be located onsite at Gavilon’s Corporate Headquarters in Omaha, NE.
The Trade Operations Intern will provide support to Gavilon’s Grain and Feed Ingredients groups by assisting Trade Assistants, Merchandisers, Supervisors, and Managers with system updates, accounts receivable, data entry, and invoicing functions. Additionally, the Trade Operations Intern will have the opportunity to provide recommendations for improvements to support the department’s short- and long-term goals while gaining valuable customer service and accounting related experience.
- Learn and utilize Agris system to update weights and grades on grain shipments
- Accounts Receivable – collect payments from customers and input updated comments as necessary
- Scan and store incoming customer contract confirmations and Gavilon contract trader entry forms
- Process invoices to customers via mail
- Review and release Sharepoint electronic invoices
Other Job Functions:
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Trade Operations Management
- Minimum 2 years of college level coursework and/or applicable trade school program, working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Ability to effectively work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic and highly motivated team with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – particularly Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Position is located in an open-concept office environment requiring prolonged periods of sitting and the ability to focus amidst surrounding activity
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment (copier, calculator, printer)