*Note* – This position will be located on site at Gavilon’s Corporate Headquarters in Omaha, NE
The Merchandiser Trainee is responsible for commodity origination, marketing and execution within an assigned product line and/or for an assigned group of customers. The key objective of this position is to learn to create growth in the market place through origination, to develop risk management skills and to reach and exceed profitability goals. This is achieved through customer contact, providing excellent customer service and growing the customer base with focus on increasing profits and margins. Training is conducted within a “mentorship” framework necessitating a high degree of interaction with location management personnel.
- Execute marketing and origination strategies within the area in line with Gavilon’s overall origination strategy.
- Diversify price risk through Gavilon products and services
- Grow the origination and local area merchandising business internally and externally through market share, customer base and volume
- Obtain local market knowledge and insight through continuous communication with product suppliers, customers and transportation vendors
- Facilitate and schedule logistics for timely product delivery using the local truck market
- Manage inventories
- Participate in effective training and development
- Maintains an understanding of all legal and compliance requirements
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
- BS degree or equivalent experience required; an emphasis in Agriculture preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communications, computer and public relations skills.
- Must be a professional, self-motivated individual.
- Able to function in fast paced environment.