As an Internal Audit Intern with Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) you ensure integrity of financial data, safeguarding of assets, and compliance with policies and procedures during internal audits within our Association. An ideal candidate demonstrates clear communication, has a passion for accuracy and a basic knowledge of accounting principles.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You will get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as an Internal Audit Intern:
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and recommend improvements in processes, procedures, and controls.
- Collaborate with internal team members. auditees, and co-sourcing partners to assist in successful internal audits of our retail operations.
- Gain exposure to annual testing to determine the adequacy of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
- Assist in articulating the values of a recommendation to ensure implementation occurs.
- Illustrate concerns, ideas, suggestions, and criticism clearly to the Audit Committees and Association leaders.
- Conduct or assist with special projects as requested.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to pursue a career involving Finance, Accounting, or Auditing
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2022
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available