**This internship is open to our Iowa and Kansas retail office locations.**
As a Consumer Lending Officer at Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica), you will have the opportunity to learn about credit philosophies of short, intermediate, and long-term financing. The ideal intern will be self-motivated, a fast learner and have a passion for customer service. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with customers, teammates and support the local communities that you serve.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as a Consumer Lending Officer Intern:
- Gain exposure to credit philosophies of short, intermediate, and long-term financing.
- Observe interactions between the Consumer Lending Officer and the customer to fully uncover and understand the applicant(s) current and future needs and financial position to present the options that best meet their needs.
- Become familiar with resources and techniques for prospecting new customers and building strong working relationships with influencers/referral partners.
- Observe marketing/sales/support and prospecting calls by Consumer Lending Officers.
- Learn importance of a title search and title insurance/opinion.
- Learn how to identify and verify legal descriptions.
- Assist in the preparation of consumer loan applications in accordance with Rural 1st policies and procedures.
- Input annual financial information from customers and analyze financial position.
- Observe loan closing for exposure to legal requirements.
- Learn about features and benefits of additional products offered by Farm Credit Services of America, operating LOC, installment loans, crop insurance, Farm Credit Leasing and AgDirect.
- Observe Appraisers to gain an understanding of the procedures and requirements of real estate appraisals.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to pursue a career involving sales, marketing and territory management
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2022
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available