Thank you for considering our Summer Nurse Internship opportunity with MHealth Fairview for the summer of 2022!
Fairview Health Services is offering a competitive paid internship for ten weeks (Early June-August) over the summer working at one of our Hospitals in Minnesota. This Nursing Internship opportunity is for nursing students who are currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate RN nursing program.
Our Summer Nurse Internship program provides an individualized educational experience one of our MHealth Fairview hospitals/medical centers in the Twin Cities and surrounding Suburbs. The program is tailored to meet your nursing career goals. As a nurse intern, you will be mentored one-on-one with registered nurses to gain hands-on nursing experience. Our program provides opportunities to enhance your technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills in an acute care environment.
The application deadline is December 10, 2021.
Please make sure to upload your Unofficial Transcript and with your application as an attachment, upload a current resume, and answer any prescreening questions for this job posting.
- If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, you may be asked to participate in a pre-recorded video interview by the week of December 13, 2021.
- The recorded video interviews are reviewed by our hiring team and provide the reviewers with insights on the skills, attributes and experiences you possess that will allow you to be successful in your role.
- You will be notified by email or phone if selected for the next stage of our recruitment process. At any time, you may also check your application status online in your Fairview applicant profile at this link.
There’s so much to gain:
- Real-world experience under the guidance of RN mentors
- Hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including patient assessment, intervention and care planning
- Opportunities to work with nurses and other health care professionals in a variety of roles and patient care settings
- Multiple “day of learning” opportunities in classroom environments
- Opportunities to increase self confidence in patient care
- Opportunities to explore nursing care in other departments
- Preferential status for employment upon graduation
Every effort is made to place interns in the clinical setting that match their career goals, whenever possible. Interns will be hired into a specific patient care area for the duration of the summer. The specific patient care area will be determined at the time of a job offer. There are a wide variety of hospital patient care units within the M Health Fairview health system that hire summer interns such as: med surg, cardiac tele, oncology, neuro, ortho, spine, acute rehab, behavioral health, transplant, stepdown units and float pool. Please note the intensive care unit, operating room, emergency department and birth center hire a limited number of interns into these critical care specialties.
Internship locations may include:
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital (Minneapolis)
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital (Edina)
- M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital (Burnsville)
- M Health Fairview Woodwinds Hospital (Woodbury)
- M Health Fairview St. John’s Hospital (Maplewood)
- M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Hospital (St. Paul)
- M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center (Princeton)
- M Health Fairview Lakes Medical Center (Wyoming)
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate RN nursing program and graduate by September 1, 2023.
Applicants will have completed their junior year in a baccalaureate (BSN/BAN) nursing program or 6th semester of MANE program by the start of the internship, and cannot have RN licensure.
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Have a current BLS for healthcare providers certification through August 13, 2022.
- Be able to work a minimum of 64 hours per pay period (every two weeks) in variable shifts (for a total of 320 hours).
- Be able to work for 10 weeks during the summer beginning early June to early/mid August.
- Be able to attend mandatory orientation starting Tuesday, May 24, 2022.