Co-op – Marketing – Multiple Positions Available (Spring 2022 Semester)
Requisition ID: (21009035)
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Sidney
Job Function: University Programs
Job Posting Date: Sep 2, 2021, 1:56:42 PM
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a Marketing student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will have the opportunity to support different groups within Emerson. You will work with Sales and Marketing teams to support not only their managers, but aftermarket customers, customer relationship management, and department marketing activities related to research and product launches as well. Your responsibilities may involve cross functional team interactions with professional members of Product Management, Application Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and the Global Service Center.
AS A MARKETING CO-OP, YOU WILL:
- Conduct market research and surveys
- Create reports, analyze data, and interpret results for management
- Assist in developing, evaluating, implementing, updating and maintaining various department websites, tools, programs and processes.
- Support event management (trade shows, webinars, etc.)
- Attend and participate in meetings and carry out designated action items
- Support projects and manage time for multiple assignments
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during the scheduled semester
- Legal authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship for this role will not be provided.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, or Engineering with a Business Interest/Minor
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong project and data organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work in a team setting and ability to utilize other web-based programs (i.e.: surveys, internal communication sites, etc.)