Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer. This position is based at our Paso Robles, CA facility.
Relocation Assistance will be offered!
The Electrical Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the manufacturing processes for electrical products, such as wire harness builds and testing, and related mechanical fabrication and assembly. This requires troubleshooting, improving and creating new in-house manufacturing capabilities, tools and systems. You will be responsible for ensuring systems are in place to enable product to be manufactured safely and reliably on-time, on-budget and on-schedule. This will include process design, tool design, documentation and training. This critical position requires technical aptitude with electronics and software, but more importantly, a drive to understand, troubleshoot, learn, collaborate and generate results in multiple, simultaneous roles.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Become the primary point of contact for technical issues with electronic assembly and wiring harnesses.
- Become familiar with ruggedized cabling and component assembly
- Learn the new product development process, work with Design Engineering for a Design for Manufacturing (DFM) approach
- Design and implement quality controls and functional tests
- Perform troubleshooting on electronic equipment and components
- Develop process specifications and documentation for fabrication, assembly and test
- Develop and apply Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools
- Foster a continuous improvement culture by creating, leading and communicating opportunities for quality, productivity, flow and safety improvement
- Request support to enable success
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing/operations or engineering function(s)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering in a high mix / low volume manufacturing environment
- Certification in IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 standards
- Familiarity with automated / computerized test systems
- Experience in manufacturing in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 environment
- Experience troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems and/or industrial automation & controls
- Experience evaluating electrical component specifications and substitutions
- A background in design for manufacturing of electromechanical systems. This includes enclosures, harnessing, connectors, PCBs, thermal bonding, etc.
- Mechanical tool design or machined-part design experience, 3D modeling & CAD drawings
- Experience with ERP systems
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and/or kaizen, PDCA / DMAIC
- Experience working with NPI (New Product Industrialization) and/or R&D teams
- Project management
- Motivated, detail-oriented engineer, knowledgeable in manufacturing and excited about working in an ever-changing production environment
- Ability to work in detail and also see the big picture
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately and professionally across many organizational levels and functions
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Computer & tech-savvy
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Generates opportunities for company and personal development
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)