Be part of a team that builds innovation and begin your future engineering career with us.
You have the knowledge, now gain the experience. And why not with a global market-leading company? At Doosan Bobcat we offer a robust internship program to college students like you. Hone your creativity, critical thinking abilities, and your collaborative spirit, all while moving our company forward.
Build your future on a foundation of proven success. For us innovation is key, we strive to produce an experience for students beyond other traditional internship programs. You will be referred to as a “co-op” and you will be considered a true employee. Co-op positions are an eight-month long opportunity. You don’t need a lot of experience to join, just bold dreams and a strong work ethic. Give us eight months and we’ll give you a path for a lifetime.
Locations: Bismarck, ND; Gwinner, ND; Johnson Creek, WI; Litchfield, MN; Minneapolis, MN; Statesville, NC; Wahpeton, ND; Fargo, ND
Role & Responsibility
- Design – Contribute to the design of our product by developing and modifying equipment using Creo 3D modeling software
- Embedded Software – Assist in developing hardware and software strategies to support vehicle architecture while meeting industry standards and regulations
- Electrical – Assist in the creation, modification, and maintenance of engineering design of assigned product systems and components.
- Electrical Test – Support and complete electrical component testing in the environmental lab
- Product Service – Use statistical tools for advanced prediction of machine warranty
- Manufacturing – Analyze and make recommendations on the manufacturing process of our products in terms of quality, economic and ergonomic factors
- Quality – Complete formal audits and assessments on products and processes.
- Test – Develop and set up tests to evaluate functionality and performance related to structural fatigue, sound, hydraulic, and cooling
- Lean Six Sigma – Leads strategic business improvement through the execution & promotion of lean methodologies
Requirements for these positions:
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing in Engineering field
- 3.0 or higher GPA preferred
- Be able to commit full-time to Bobcat for the entire term of the co-op (8 months)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Communication and collaboration skills
You’ll really grab our attention if you have:
- Knowledge of engineering software (ProE/Creo, Solid Works, MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, C#, QT)
- Hands-on experience in farm work, mechanical work, carpentry, or similar area
- Project management skills
- Previous co-op experience
What you will learn with us:
- Troubleshooting skills using machine operation, schematics and measurement tools
- Engineering software tools and capabilities
- Engineering process from idea to creation
- Communication with multiple functional groups
Benefits of being a part of our team:
- Competitive pay
- Collaboration directly with skilled professionals at a global company
- Student events tied to innovation, manufacturing processes, and product training
- Opportunity to give back through organized employee community service events
- First access to full-time career opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for co-op related courses up to $1,400
- Steel-toed boot and safety glasses reimbursements
- Relocation reimbursements
- House-hunting or interview travel reimbursements
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.