Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Digital Media: Software Engineer II, Real-time Advertising
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is seeking a mid-level Software Engineer to join our analytics and advertising technology team to collaboratively build scalable applications with high load, low latency requirements.
Software Engineers on this team are tasked with solving problems and building solutions involving large amounts of data from our websites KSL.com, Utah.com, SeniorLeaf.com, and their advertising platforms. In a typical week, these engineers will develop and maintain features for our analytics and advertising application. They will work with a scrum team with a product owner, scrum master, QA, and other engineers to prioritize and build the features. They will regularly check the performance of their applications in production and improve them. They will have several hours dedicated a sprint to learning and experimenting with new technologies to stay current in our rapidly evolving industry.
This is a great opportunity for mid-level candidates looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in a physiologically safe environment. If this sounds exciting, apply.
At a minimum, you’re a candidate if you can demonstrate:
- Excited to learn and collaborate with others
- Driven by results at the product, team, and individual levels
- Comfortable communicating with product owners, analysts, and other engineers to solve open-ended problems
- Actively participate in the development lifecycle of designing, building, maintaining, and operating applications
- Desire to experiment and use data to drive decision-making
- Experience with server-side technologies and willingness to learn and use: Go
- Understanding of relational or non-relational databases
- Strong understanding of caching strategies with technologies like Redis
- Have 3+ years of experience in software development
It’s a bonus if you:
- Understanding of both relational or non-relational databases
- Integrating with third-party APIs to pull data or manage workflows
- Experience designing, developing, and operating highly performant applications
- Understanding of caching strategies with technologies like Redis
- Experience Cloud Services on Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, Firestore, Google Cloud Storage, Big Query
- Basic server operations skills to help monitor performance and diagnose bugs
- Simple use of front-end technologies like React.js to make simplistic user interfaces
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and use of issue tracking (Clubhouse or similar) and source repository (git or similar) technologies
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and writing unit tests
- Google’s advertising platform Doubleclick for Publishers
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages properties including KSL.com, Utah.com, theMemories.com, SeniorLeaf.com, and others. The sites collectively reach over tens of millions of unique users and over 350 million page-views each month. The organization has a uniquely values-based mission and seeks to be strategic to its owner The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All candidates need to fully support the company’s mission statement: “To be trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.”
In addition to all the standard things that happen to be great at DDM (like competitive wages, opportunity for growth and advancement, stability, and super benefits)…
- We care about our contribution to the world. We not only care about the health of the business, we care about our impact on other humans. It’s right in our mission statement – more than once.
- We take work/life balance seriously. No, really. We do. We care about what we do and we expect the work to get done on time, but we know there are extremely, vitally important things about your life outside of work, and we want you to take those things just as seriously.
- Exceptional benefits, contributing 401(k) and retirement plan
This job is a great opportunity for a performance-driven, detail-oriented individual interested in a dynamic and growing organization. He or she should also be motivated by the organization’s broader mission and be able to develop relationships with all members of the team. If this sounds like a good fit please apply!
Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer. Deseret Digital Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.