The Junior Python Developer for Cross Domain Services (CDS) will be part of a team that is the premier provider of CDS for the Department of Homeland Security. This position also requires the ability to learn and become knowledgeable with developing Python solutions that interface CDS technology. The position would involve developing Python scripts and applications that enable secure data transfer from lower classification to higher classification domains and vice versa. A qualified candidate must be able to gather requirements from CDS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), design, review and implement the solutions using Python. This position also requires the candidate to adhere to Agile software development practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, stand-ups, planning sessions and sprints.
- Interact with CDS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to learn correct practices.
- Write Python code to create new CDS transfer applications by following designs created by CDS SME architects.
- Create Python scripts to execute highly repeatable jobs such as data processing.
- Development of Python scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Debug Python code which has software bugs.
- Rewrite old Python code to optimize it with modern procedures.
- Assist CDS SMEs porting of existing PowerShell scripts from Windows platform to Python on RHEL v7, and bash scripts to Python.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new CDS solutions and technology as part of a larger team.
- Development of documentation for operations, sustainment, and user guides.
- Development of Linux scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 8+ years of experience may be substituted.
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with DHS or another federal entity.
- Familiarity with Python3, Boto3 and AWS S3 is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux scripting is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows and PowerShell is a plus.
- Working towards a STEM related Bachelor’s degree with 90 or more credits or recent college graduate within a STEM discipline.