Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Do you have a passion for sales and travel? Consider an internship with Daktronics. Not only will you obtain hands-on professional experience as you travel the country, you’ll also receive a competitive wage as you explore our industry-leading products and interact with our talented team.
Internship runs 10 January 2022 through 12 August 2022. Check out our Daktronics Internship Video.
Your exact responsibilities will vary depending upon assignment, but you can expect opportunities like these during your internship.
- Learn sales strategies including inside sales, business-to-business (B2B), service sales, and advertising sales:
- Job shadow our professional sales team
- Demonstrate products, visit customers, may attend trade shows.
- Give customer presentations
- Conduct research
- Generate and track leads
- Learn sales operation processes
- Contribute to Daktronics Intern Group:
- Monthly luncheons
- Attend Toastmasters
- Recruiting events
- Give internship capstone presentation and attend colleagues’ presentations.
- Experience manufacturing through production rotation.
- Build and maintain professional relationships.
You’re an outgoing, self-motivated, flexible, well-organized person who is both empathetic and personable. You understand customers, so know the work schedule may include evenings and weekends. You can meet our academic, travel, and other requirements.
- Preferred applicants will be full-time students currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program related to sales, business, communication, economics, sports management, entrepreneurial studies, marketing, or engineering. Will consider December 2021 graduates.
- Completion of sophomore year in good academic standing.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship if not a graduate. Duration of internship will be a semester and a summer.
- Must be able to commit to at least 40 hours per week. Overtime will be required, as needed, to support special events and travel.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time on trips ranging in length from 2 days to 2 weeks, including some weekends.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license. Must be able to meet and maintain Daktronics Qualified Driver status. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements for operating Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV):
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Obtain state & company certification to operate a CMV with a gross vehicle weight rating from 10,001 to 26,001 pounds.
- Employees will be required to participate in a driver exam road test.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes drug test.
- Physically able to connect trailer to vehicle.
- Be able to operate large trucks with or without trailers safely in various weather and traffic conditions.
- Position to be based in Brookings, SD. May work from Daktronics offices and/or home-based office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal. Knowledge of Spanish or French helpful.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.