This position is responsible for the daily management of the production process at the Allerton facility; providing direct, on shift leadership to the production team, with responsibility for the manufacturing process for all products; ensuring processes are understood and consistently executed to ensure food and employee safety goals are attained; working with other functional areas, i.e. Quality, Maintenance, and Supply Chain to promote the overall efficiency of the Allerton operation.
- Directs production crews by leading and supporting the team environment. Teach and develop the decision-making skills of the production staff.
- Full management of on shift employees to include: plant operator coverage, covering time off, etc.
- Provides an active role in the continuous improvement of the production process. Support and direct area teams to achieve targeted goals.
- Plans, coordinates, and advises department employees of work to be completed daily.
- Monitors plant condition for cleanliness and set expectations for hourly operators regarding housekeeping.
- Ensures hourly staff is adhering to all safety regulations and GMP requirements.
- Helps improve on all safety aspects, participates in all safety meetings.
- Responsible for training of all employees on the job, as well as GMP and food safety understanding.
- Addresses performance deficiencies in the appropriate manner based on the type of deficiency.
- Ensures quality and efficiency/productivity of production at all stages of the process.
- Ensures all plants and operators are operating up to all food safety standards and requirements.
- Complies with all Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements and procedures. (FDA, USDA, and EPA included.)
- Assists with the development of an effective production schedule at the plant level.
- Coordinates work schedules and production schedules to meet production schedule needs.
- Monitors FIFO and inventory management while in production.
- Checks and monitors that the inventory management system (SAP) is used accordingly while in production.
- Executes Health and Safety programs, train staff on procedures and OSHA requirements, reports accidents and associated investigations, while maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and gathers data for plant performance for feed back into management team.
- Monitors and understands actual and targeted manufacturing direct costs, quality measurements, safety performance and sanitation control elements.
- Required to step in and operate various plants when met with operator shortages to keep plants operating.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned