Are you looking for a challenge where you can apply your engineering education directly to real-world, impactful challenges? Are you interested in Industry 4.0, Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) and the manufacturing industry? If so, there has never been a more exciting time to work for Cybertrol Engineering, which is working to deliver solutions in these areas using the latest technology.
Cybertrol Engineering, a growing and dynamic industrial automation engineering firm, is seeking an entry-level engineering professional for a Project Engineer role. This position is a great opportunity that combines “hands-on” engineering skills along with customer relationships to achieve superior results that consistently exceed customer expectations. Cybertrol creates and delivers custom-engineered automation hardware and software solutions to manufacturing customers throughout the upper Midwest and across the world. The firm is privately owned, headquartered in Minneapolis and has additional offices in Madison and Marshfield, WI. There is a very strong engineering culture that emphasizes both personal and professional growth along with a commitment to provide high-quality solutions, including: plant-wide automation, information, and industrial IT infrastructure; custom control panel design and fabrication; and upgrades of obsolete automation systems.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for developing and implementing PLC/HMI (Programmable Logic Controllers/Human Machine Interface) code, including simulation and process commissioning at customer sites. As part of this work, you will create clear and well-structured Functional Specifications and the required PLC/HMI programs working with a team of experienced engineers. You will also work with a team of Manufacturing Intelligence, Hardware, and Industrial IT engineers in order to deliver a comprehensive project to the customer. During these projects, you will become a trusted consultant for Cybertrol’s customers. Up to 25% travel may be required. Some examples of specific Automation Engineer responsibilities include:
- Engage directly with the customer to develop a complete understanding of the customer and their needs and create a Functional Description of the full deliverable.
- Maintain customer contact throughout the life of the project and for some time after commissioning.
- Develop the PLC/HMI code in a team environment in a modern software framework.
- Ensure that quality processes have been followed to deliver zero-defect code to the customer during site installation.
- A B.S. in Engineering (Electrical and/or Computer, Mechanical, or Chemical) or a related engineering field from an ABET-accredited school.
- Proficient in programming and delivering projects in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity and agility in problem solving when presented with a new challenge.
- Focus and tenacity when given a challenge to see it through.
- Goal oriented with the strong desire to learn new technologies and concepts
- Industrial automation or control systems course work.
- Exposure to PLC/HMI programming.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development processes.
- Relevant prior industrial or internship experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)