Cretex Companies is a diversified family of manufacturing companies serving four distinct markets: Medical, Aerospace & Defense, Infrastructure, and Industrial. Our companies share a common set of values, a common management system, and a pervasive focus on quality, customer service and responsiveness. We’ve been around for nearly 100 years. By doing the right things well, we plan to be around for many more.
We are currently seeking Quality Engineer Interns for the summer of 2022 at our Cretex Medical businesses. We have locations in Anoka, Coon Rapids, Bloomington, Dassel, Maple Plain and Elk River, Minnesota.
The Engineering interns will provide technical support focusing on Manufacturing, Quality, or Operational Excellence projects. The intern will assist the Engineering department with projects from scope definition through implementation.
- Provide internal customer technical support
- Provide technical support for manufacturing processes
- Assist with the implementation of process and design improvements
- Partners with the other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance as needed
- Understands customer needs and the core business markets we serve
- Participates in required company & department meetings
- Maintains an organized work area (5S)
- Supports and complies with the company’s Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program for Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Demonstrated software application skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use measuring devices
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills to create effective working relationships with suppliers, and coworkers
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks when needed
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and ERP and other business-related systems
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law.