DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for procurement, contracting and transportation of pulses, grain and other products.
· Assist with logistics that may include off site storage at other locations.
· Buying products for any of the regions locations as the opportunity arises.
· Work with producers on seed decisions, sales, and logistics of same.
· Work with other CGI employees and producers to forecast seed demand.
· Gather local price and crop information and forward it on to the team.
· Work with the processing facilities managers to ensure they have the product needed to support production schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced, dynamic market environment. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years grain handling experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as company procedures and manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees. Computer literate and keyboard skills are necessary.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure (bushels, short tons, metric tons and CWT) using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ten-key by touch is recommended.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
§ Comprehensive Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
§ Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
§ Flexible Spending Plans
§ Employee Assistance Program
§ 401K Retirement savings plan
§ Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer