Operations Co-Op (Spring/Summer 2022) Cheshire, CT (On Site)
- HCT07: S&IS (AIS) – Cheshire Goodrich Corporation, Cheshire, CT, 06410 USA
- Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
- Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Position overview
- We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our Supervisor and Management Team as an Ops co-op. In this role, you will be providing direction to skilled bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts guided by our Roadmap and Control Tower objectives. Additionally, you will lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements. In conjunction with daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication, and execution with support group members is critical to the department’s success.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Providing direction to skilled bargaining unit employees
- Co-Leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts
- Co-Lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements.
- Perform daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication, and execution with support group members.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Demonstrate a 100% dedication to Quality, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
- Basic Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
- WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
- Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
- Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
- Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Posted 22 Days Ago
- Raytheon Technologies is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- U.S. ONLY: Beginning Nov. 15, 2021, any offer from Raytheon Technologies is contingent on you being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting your employment. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. The Company will follow FDA / CDC guidelines defined for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots. U.S. employees may be required to obtain booster shots at the recommended interval to satisfy the fully vaccinated requirement. Medical and Religious exceptions will be given on an exception basis and must be supported by a letter from a doctor or religious leader.