We are seeking a Business Valuation Intern to join our Specialized Advisory Services Team! This position is located in our Minneapolis office. In this role you will be responsible for working with a variety of clients across a broad spectrum of industries, across the Firm’s markets. This is a part time, in person internship.
CLA’s Business Valuation Interns work on a wide variety of valuation assignments, including business enterprise valuations (closely held businesses, corporations, family limited partnerships, and other entities), purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment valuations, equity and debt securities valuations, and stock option valuations, as well as valuations for litigation support (divorce, corporate litigation, shareholder oppression).
You will be involved with various phases of valuation projects, including gathering data, performing economic and industry research, financial modeling and analysis, and report writing. In addition, responsibilities will include maintaining and organizing project files and data.
- Create customized financial models or work with pre-prepared templates for valuation and litigation assignments
- Prepare historical financial statement summaries and perform financial statement and comparable company financial analysis
- Modify and update valuation and other templates as needed
- Collect appropriate data from internal and external sources, including clients, in order to perform the valuation or litigation
- Perform research on economic, industry, and market trends impacting the specific entity being analyzed
- Review, analyze and interpret data from a variety of secondary sources, including S&P Capital IQ and government and other publicly available websites
- Prepare written valuation and litigation reports for clients documenting entity specific information, economic and industry research, financial analysis, and summarizing methods, assumptions, and conclusions
- Work closely with Lead Analysts in order to deliver work product on a timely and accurate manner
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards the achievement of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
If you require a reasonable accommodation when completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.