CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Data Engineering Intern to help support a variety projects that will range in scale and complexity. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, decisive leadership and presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints.
- Join core team to deliver solutions related to data migration using different ETL tools and solutions.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines that will extract, transform, and load data from source to target systems.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows and strategy.
- Perform rigorous data analysis to improve the data quality and standardization.
- Attend Data Engineering training to learn new technologies and skills.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by senior team member.
- Elaborate with Functional analyst team to establish transformation rules and improve data quality and adhere to data governance standards for CHS.
- Explore the opportunities to understand the core business processes and data relationship along different business processes.
- Participate in the innovation cycle of conducting analyses and generating insights.
- Work closely with team members to establish Data Engineering team best practices.
- Work with DevOps tools like git and Microsoft Azure to integrate innovations, algorithms, SQL code and deploy into a production system.
- Work with data visualization tools like Power BI to provide insights to business users.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Information Management, Computer Science, or other STEM degree program
- Working knowledge of SQL and Transact (T-SQL) statements
- Knowledge of Database application programming
- Data Integration
- Data Modeling
- ETL/ELT and SQL Development
- Development Lifecycle
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of SAP ERP System and Technologies
- Data Services
- Information Steward