CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for an IT Data Engineering Intern, SAP to help support a variety projects that will range in scale and complexity. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated with confirmed leadership abilities, decisive leadership and presentation skills and be able to function in a team-oriented environment with resource and time constraints.
- Join a core team to deliver analytical solutions related to ERP cloud-based technologies from end-to-end (data ingestion to consumption).
- Develop and maintain scalable data models that will ingest data from our S/4HANA, Business Warehouse, and Data Lake platforms.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Self-motivated, self-directed with strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows and strategy.
- Host and participate in development of prototype solutions to support and prove business and technology concepts.
- Attend Data Engineering/SAP user groups, training, or conferences to learn new technologies and skills.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by senior team member.
- Collaborate with business, analytical teams, and data scientist to improve efficiency, increase the applicability of predictive models, and help translate ad-hoc analyses into scalable data delivery solutions.
- Consulting on data ingestion, data modeling, security, and capabilities.
- Manage the innovation cycle of conducting analyses, generating insights.
- Perform technical reviews of designs and code development by other team members.
- Work closely with team members to establish BI Data Engineering community of best practices.
- Support business decisions with ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Business Management, Accounting, Information Management, Computer Science, or other STEM degree program
- Knowledge of Database application programming
- Data Integration
- Data Modeling
- ETL/ELT and SQL Development
- Development Lifecycle
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of Large-Scale ERP systems and Cloud-based Big Data Platforms
- Data Ingestion
- Batch Job Scheduling and Optimization
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence platforms such as Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java, C++ or C#
- Object Oriented Design
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.