CHS Dakota Plains Ag has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations retail division. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Crop Scout Intern program. You will work with Farmers, ranchers, and producers. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will gain knowledge and experience, through on-the-job training, of all aspects of agronomy operations, agronomy sales & marketing techniques, agronomy consulting services, and cooperative philosophy needed to promote the sale of products to growers.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customers.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn crop protection product mixing and operation of application equipment.
- Custom Application: Spread Fertilizer and spray crop protection products with a High-wheel sprayer, Floater, Rogator, or Ditch sprayer.
- Gain knowledge and experience with Precision Ag.
- Work with patrons and assist them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years in Sales and/or Business Development
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Office
- Production agriculture experience or understanding
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an Agribusiness program
- Internship in Grain Procurement, Agronomy, Crop Scout, or other Ag related internship
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Certified Applicator Certificate
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.