CHS has an exciting summer internship opportunity within the Corporate Internal Audit Department. The Internal Audit – Business Intelligence Intern will work with Internal Audit managers and staff to develop tools to support business unit reporting, analyze financial data sets, and create charts and visuals. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented and flexible with strong problem-solving ability and be able to prioritize assigned duties and work independently.
- Use Power BI data visualization tools to create financial dashboards to provide insights into our Country Ops and Energy divisions.
- Provide audit support and analysis such as looking at AP payment terms, AR aging, time and expense anomalies, or suspicious vendor activity.
- Prepare summary reports of data analysis trends, findings, and anomalies, for the related audit support projects.
- Develop standards and procedures for gathering and analyzing data during the audit team’s remote Country Operations audits (cooperative offices, grain silos, etc.)
- Explore ways to gather data from the data warehouse, reconcile to existing reports, and visualize it for the Internal Audit team in an easy-to-use manner.
- Work on individual projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Enrolled student in a Bachelor’s degree program in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Information Systems, or Computer Science.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience with audit analytics tools such as ACL, IDEA, Alteryx, or others.
- Experience with Finance concepts and financial reporting (Balance Sheet and Income Statement).
- Experience working with financial data (such as payments, receivables, inventory, time tracking, time and expense).
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
- Prior related internship experience.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.