The Intern position is a formal training/development position with specific responsibilities within a defined functional area. Each intern has an individual work plan outlining specific duties and projects for the duration of the internship as well as overall goals for the internship period. A designated mentor will provide supervision, guidance and support.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university, be a junior or senior as an undergraduate student or at least a first-year student in graduate school.
This internship is eligible for a flexible work arrangement: part-time in the Fargo, ND office and part-time working remotely.
- Job responsibilities are outlined in an individual work plan for each intern position; however, assignments will generally include the following types of job duties:
- Researching or gathering information in support of other staff or projects.
- Reviewing and summarizing data.
- Verifying the accuracy of information, reconciling data and identifying inconsistencies.
- Developing spreadsheet(s) or database file(s), inputting data and identifying trends.
- Preparing draft presentation material.
- Creating content or preparing informational material for internal or external clients.
- Assisting in or resolving client issues of a standard nature.
- Assisting in planning events or program rollout.
- Participating in training activities.
- Demonstrates professional workplace behaviors, is punctual and presents an appropriate appearance. Respects company policies and demonstrates ethical conduct.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Communication (Verbal/Written): Basic
Attentiveness and Listening Skills: Basic
Attention to Detail and Accuracy: Basic
Research and Data Analysis: Basic
Initiative and Creativity: Basic
Required: High School Diploma/GED
Field(s) of Study: Currently completing post-secondary studies in specified field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required; preferably has completed 2 years at the college/university level.
Preferred: Minimum of 6 months
Experience Details: No minimum experience is required; intern must have computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office) and must be able to use computer for research activities.
Certification, Licensures & Registration Requirements
State or Agency: N/A
Equivalent combination of education, experience or training determined to be acceptable by Human Resources may be substituted, unless regulated by contract or program standards
Sitting: Constant (90-100%)
Use of Computer: Constant (90-100%)
Typing/Data Entry: Constant (90-100%)
Telephones and Other Electronic Devices: Occasional (30-60%)
Job Posting Policy
Employees new to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota are eligible to apply for positions within their assigned department after successfully completing 90-days in their role. For positions outside of their department, new employees should attain a minimum of six months of service before applying for a new role. Exceptions to this are acceptable, provided there is good business justification for making the move.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
For questions, please email email@example.com
This job posting will be closed 10/11/2021 at 8:00AM CST. No further applications will be considered.