FIELD OPERATIONS SUMMER ASSOCIATE – SUMMER 2022
NORTHERN FIELD TECNOLOGY STATION – GLYNDON, MN
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the Field Operations Summer Associate/Intern role are, but not limited to the following:
· Assist in crop and trial establishment involving measuring and labeling plots, planting/transplanting crops, evaluate plots for Key Tasks: efficacy and crop phytotoxicity, assist with irrigation systems, and harvest.
· Interact with other Field Operations Reps, local Sales Reps, Product Development and other internal and external personnel in the local area.
· Mixing and application of crop protection products under the supervision of the Field Operations rep.
· Assist with loading and hauling equipment to research sites in the supervisor’s territory.
· Perform field trial and equipment maintenance.
· Assist with establishment and monitoring of Sales demonstration trials.
· Entry of data into the SCOUT system.
· Assist with Precision Application projects to test new equipment and techniques.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
• Enrolled at an Accredited College or University pursuing a degree in an Agronomic Science or closely related Biological or Agricultural field of study.
• The candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team and must be able to physically perform field duties under highly variable conditions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to operate in a safe, efficient manner is required.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Experience on a farm or agricultural background is preferred along with a general knowledge of computer operating systems.
• A non-commercial or commercial pesticide applicator license in the state of residency is preferred.
• Opportunity to obtain FAA certification (Part 107) to fly UAV.
Type of Job
Agribusiness and Applied Economics, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Agricultural Systems Management, Biotechnology, Crop and Weed Sciences, Entomology, General Agriculture, Plant Pathology, Plant Sciences, Precision Agriculture, Soil Science
- Apply via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter (Optional)