The person in this position will work with multidisciplinary project teams providing mechanical engineering and related technical expertise. Work may include collecting field information; completing engineering calculations and analyses; selecting equipment and components; preparing design drawings and specifications; writing technical reports; preparing sketches for system arrangement; and developing details of designs.
Project work will involve the design of mechanical systems, such as bulk materials handling equipment; process piping and pumping; industrial ventilation; industrial machinery and equipment; and building systems for industrial processing facilities, power plants, fuels piping, mining facilities, and other heavy industrial environments. Work will involve short-term, out-of-town travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with academic coursework directly related to the job responsibilities described above
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or ability to obtain within one year
- Familiarity with CAD design software and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Project
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Willingness to work cooperatively as part of a project team in an environment that encourages self-initiative
- Flexible working style as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, including engineering internships
- Experience with computer data analysis or calculations using Mathcad or Excel
- Experience working in consulting or industrial settings
- Experience with AutoCAD, CADWorx, or MicroStation
NOTE: Some work locations will feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and industrial facilities. The role may occasionally require lifting or moving field testing equipment. Safety training will be provided prior to working on these sites. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.