Barr is seeking an environmental intern to join its Minneapolis office for the summer of 2022. This intern will undertake challenging and progressive work on projects related to the evaluation and remediation of contaminated sites. Assignments may include working as an individual or as part of a project team to assist with on-site investigations of contaminated soil, vapor, sediment, and groundwater; environmental site assessments; construction observation; engineering calculations; data summary tables and spreadsheets; and technical reports. Fieldwork opportunities for this position may include some out-of-town travel.
- Environmental, chemical, geological, civil, or related engineering major or geology major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Third or fourth year student, with a minimum of one full-time semester of undergraduate or graduate course work remaining after the internship
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, and clients
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- A flexible working style and the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedule to meet project needs (up to 50-70% travel and fieldwork expected; project needs will vary)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
NOTE: Some work locations may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and may also require entering and working within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required. Safety training will be provided. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.